Breakfast is big our house. My husband loves a good breakfast burrito and the first thing that comes to mind for breakfast for most is…eggs. And in our home we don’t do traditional eggs from chickens, we do vegan eggs from tofu! This recipe is one that I just eyeballed a few times and it was a hit. You can’t really mess them up and if you add in your other breakfast fav’s you really don’t even realize they aren’t chicken eggs!
Our favorite way to eat the Tofu scramble is in a breakfast burrito with refried beans, rice, potatoes, vegan cheese and salsa! Another is on top of an avocado bagel! Or with breakfast potatoes, vegan sausage and toast! It really does just mesh with any breakfast meal! This Tofu scramble is also a great way to get your protein in the morning which is super important to me.
- 1 block of firm tofu
- 2 TableSpoons nutritional yeast
- 1/2 Teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon turmeric
- salt and pepper
- sprinkle of chili powder if you like some spice
- drain package of tofu
- smash with a fork in a bowl till in looks like scrambled eggs
- mix in nutritional yeast and spices
- put in a pan on medium/high heat and let it cook for 5 minutes, mix it around and let cook for another 5-6 minutes
- tofu is very wet so you want to cook out most of the moisture, the nutritional yeast will help get the tofu a little crispy with helps with the texture
- the egg-less scramble will look yellow and when most of the moisture is out then its ready!
This recipe is super easy and a great way to start your vegan journey!!
Let me know how you love it,