I am so excited to share this gluten free and vegan granola. What I am most stoked about is that it only has 1 tablespoon of added sugar, and its not even refined white or brown sugar. Its coconut sugar!!
Why I even wanted to wanted to create my own version of V & GF granola is because I have been experiencing symptoms of gluten intolerance and even noticed since my daughter has been slightly bloated since we have been giving her our bread. I had cut out all our gluten from our breads, crackers, cookies etc. but I didn’t even think to cut out our granola that was store bought, mostly because it was basically oats and other yummy crunchy-ness and I didn’t think about it. We eat granola all the time and I couldnt figure out why I was so bloated still…well it was because our Kashi Granola was full of wheat! The I also noticed its full or sugar…cane sugar. This is the case of most granola and health cereals.
So I wanted to create my own version, in bulk!! For way cheaper and healthier!
- Oven is set to 300 degrees
- line a bake sheet with parchment paper
- Add all of your dry ingredients to a bowl and mix!
- melt coconut oil and mix with your maple syrup into your dry ingredients
- pour onto your sheet, press down firmly and make it 1/2 inch thick
- split down the middle so air can pass through the oats
- bake for 15 minutes then rotate the pan and bake for another 15 minutes, DO NOT TOUCH THE GRANOLA! It will be mushy still and delicate.
- remove from oven and let cool/stand and get crunchy for 30 minutes
- 2 C Oats
- 1 1/2 Cup nuts/seeds chopped (pepitas, peanuts, almonds, cashews, sunflower seeds, walnuts)
- 1/2 C Dried Fruit chopped
- 1/4 C Flaxseed meal/flour
- 1 teas Cinnamon
- 1/4 teas Nutmeg
- 1 Tbl Coconut sugar
- 2 Tbl Coconut oil
- 1/4 C Maple Syrup
- (not vegan) You can add some sustainably sourced honey! We love to support the Bees!
Leave a comment if you are going to try this or if you did and loved it!