So this recipe came about because I had bananas that were browning away and I didn’t want to let them go to waste. These are healthier than other banana breads with about half the sugar so they aren’t super sweet.
But its definitely a health go-to if you have them around. Now you can put them in muffin tins but I didn’t have the papers so I just greased up some ramekins and made three big breads. Mini muffins would be perfect for this.
For these bread I used two bananas and they came out more of a bread texture but if you want them softer you could add another banana or applesauce or more oil.
I topped the ramekins with oats and vegan dark chocolate chips.
- 2 Ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 Cup Flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder (unsweetened)
- 1 TeaS baking soda
- 1/2 TeaS baking powder
- 1/2 TeaS Salt
- 1/2 Cup Coconut Sugar
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (measure while solid, then heat up)
- 1 TeaS vanilla Extract
- 1 TeaS Applecider Vinegar
- 3/8 cup Soymilk
- 1/4 cup oats
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
Oven Temp : 350 Cook Time: 35-40 Min
- Mix the dry ingredients together
- In a separate bowl, mash the bananas
- Melt oil and add to the dry ingredients
- Mix the rest of the ingredients and bananas together
- spray your ramekins and fill little over half way with mixture
- top each one with oats and chocolate chips
- cook for 35 minutes and check for consistency with a toothpick
- Let them cool and enjoy!