So I have been a big fan of curry dishes for a long time. My mama would cook dinner every night back at the ranch and sometimes it was delicious curry dishes. She is Dutch Indonesian so I love culturally rich foods. I have tried to do this dish before just trying to eye ball it and I always seems like it was watered down or lacking something in the flavor…but this dish checks all the boxes. It is hands down one of the best vegan dishes I’ve ever made!
Y’all have to try it and let me know what you loved or changed!
This recipe makes a lot of food, I’ve probably had 8 servings already. Which is great for me because while breast-feeding I have seriously never been hungrier! And I don’t always have time to cook but I will not ever get fast food so having meals ready in the fridge is a must for this household. My husband also comes home at different times everyday so its nice to be able to dish him up a home made meal whenever he comes in.
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 4 russet potatoes
- 1 can of coconut milk
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and washed
- 1/2 white onion
- 1 cup of green peas
- 2 tsp of spicy green curry paste
- 2 Tbls Spicy chili paste
- 1 Tbls minced garlic
- 1/2 Tbls ginger powder
- 1 Tbls chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp curry powder
- lime from 1/2 a lime
- 1 1/2 cup rice
- 1/2 quinoa
- 4 cups of water
- start rice/quinoa mixture…combine rice, quinoa, and water in pot and bring to boil
- lower heat to simmer, cover pot and let simmer for 20 minutes
- chop the potatoes up and put in a huge wok pan with 3 cups of water bring to boil, cook down until the potatoes are about half cooked to being soft, remove excess water, leave about 1 cup of water in the wok with potatoes
- bring heat down to simmer
- add chopped cauliflower, chickpeas and onions, let simmer for 4-5 minutes
- add the coconut milk, peas and all the spices
- simmer mixture until cauliflower is soft, stirring occasionally, this will take 15-20minutes
- enjoy over rice!
Let me know if you tried it and if you added anything to thing recipe!
,XX Jesse Truelove