- Important documents for hospital check in, insurance card, ID
- Phone charger
- A huge jug of filtered water. Hospital water kind of tastes like dirt lol
- Change of clothes to leave the hospital (keep it super loose mamas)
- Adult diapers (the hospital will have these too) take extra, they are the best ones.
- Deodorant, toothbrush, toothpaste, body wash, makeup wipes, makeup bag, mirror
- Non slip socks
- A blanket from home
- Bobby nursing pillow
What I brought that I didn’t need
Shower shoes, I thought I would care about walking in there barefoot. But all I could think about was how extremely hard it was to even WALK, let alone think about caring about walking barefoot in the shower.
Delivery outfit…I wish I could have been one of those fabulous new moms that had the super cutie delivery dress or robe. But I wasn’t. I wore that ugly hospital gown for like three days. As y’all know I had a pretty rough delivery story and there was no time for looking cute! Maybe you will be that mama!
What I wish I brought
SNACKS!!!! I forgot the snacks y’all! Hospital good is terrible and you are going to be hungry before you delivery and definitely after. I was on a liquid diet for like 48 hours after my csection but after that I was starving and a friend had to come sit with me while shane left to get fruit and other food I wanted lol
A larger belly band(csection mamas) the hospital only had a large. And I only had a small. And I needed a medium. The belly band helps you stabilize and not feel like you are chopped in half.
Pillows from home!! Shane went home to get these too. Hospital beds, pillows and blankets suck..so just bring your own! Just move on in to your hospital room. You are gonna want to be cozy!
A hair brush! Oh my lord! I was on my back for 4 days and knots were insane!! I definitely couldn’t have brushed my own hair but if you have your mom there at least she could!
Bring your own towels as well!
Makeup remover wipes! How could I forget! Ladies, you will not want to get up to wash your face, just wipe it down! Seriously you think it’s all glamour and I don’t know how those moms do it. I wasn’t one of them for sure. My makeup was on my face for three days and I do wish I would have remembered these!
- Insurance Card
- (I Breastfed but,) Formula if you are going to be using that
- Diaper bag, the hospital will have a pack of diapers for you most likely but just bring some and wipes!
- Receiving blanket
- A few outfits!
- Letter board for arrival picture!
- Car seat and insert for head if your baby is little
- Discuss before hand if you want vaccines or other medicines given to your baby with your spouse and then drs before baby is born. Ask the questions, get ingredient lists, be the annoying parents. This is your most important job ever!
- Pillow and blanket
- Change of clothes
- Phone charger
- Snacks and water
- Cash for vending machines
- Toothbrush and paste
I hope your labor and delivery goes the way you plan and you have everything you need in your bags but if it doesn’t just know that at the end of all of it, all you really want is a healthy mama and baby!
Let me know if my list was helpful and if you added anything to your bags!!