This recipe was honestly by accident! More of an experiment actually. My husband and I were at the grocery store and decided we wanted to pick up some tomato soup to have with some grilled cheese sandwiches. I checked the isles for soup and the every single can I checked literally made me cringe at how much sodium was in the can…and that there was like 3 servings per tiny little can. I said screw it, I’m getting a bunch of tomatoes and making my own version! It came out so much better than I could have imagined. Also the grilled cheeses were amazing since we added our favorite ingredient on the planet…avocado! Made it double the creamy deliciousness.
This is how you want to cut the tomatoes and how I had them on the pan. Super easy, just drizzle the olive oil and sprinkle black pepper and pink salt on the cut tomatoes and onion and put them in your hot oven.
Ingredients (Preheat 425)
- 18-20 Roma Tomatoes
- 1/4 of an Onion
- 2 T Olive Oil
- 2 T Dried Italian Seasoning
- 1 Quart Vegan Broth (or any broth)
- 3/4 C Vegan Butter
- Onion/Garlic Powder
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1/2 C Nutritional Yeast
Directions for Soup
- Preheat oven to 425
- cut tomatoes in half & take apart the 1/4 onion
- place on a baking sheet, drizzle oil and spinkle salt and pepper on tomatoes, onions, and garlic cloves
- bake for 30 minutes
- put into a blender
- pour into a big pot, add broth, nutritional yeast, seasoning, butter and let simmer for 15 minutes
- Its Ready to serve!!
- We used Field Roast Chao Sliced cheese (its vegan)
- Vegan butter
- And Bread! Cook in the pan until crispy on both sides!
I hope you love it! Its perfect for a cold night!