Tofu can be a scary word for some people. Especially husbands and kids lol but don’t let it be! I’ve got a killer crispy recipe that you will all love
We have been vegan for 2 years now so tofu isn’t so scary to us and my husband happily eats it. I usually cut two blocks of firm or extra firm tofu into tiny cubes and stir fry them in a pan with a little olive oil and spices. We love it like that! But you guys!! This new recipe is the bees knees! Its hands down the best way we have ever eaten tofu! I hope you guys like it and maybe this can be the way that you introduce a meatless meal to the family! It just starts with introducing it! No need to over night force everyone in the fam to go plant based, though Id love it if you did :)…
First thing to do is preheat the oven to 375. My oven is so old so it fluctuates temperature a bit, but I’d say you’ll be safe at 375.
Also you’ll need a large baking sheet lined with foil. I didn’t spray my sheet but it might have helped when I had to flip the tofus, so i’d spray with non stick spray or lightly brush with olive or coconut oil.
- 2 tofu blocks firm or extra firm drained and pressed (I used firm for this recipe)
- If your tofu isn’t drained, you will need to drain the liquid out and then wrap your tofu in a dish towel with something heavy on top of it, maybe a big book or cans of beans, for maybe 20 minutes.
- 1/2 sweet sour sauce (your favorite brand)
- 3T liquid aminos (or low sodium soy sauce, or tamari sauce)
- 2T sweet soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Cut Tofu blocks to make thin rectangles
- Mixed together: sweet and sour sauce, liquid aminos, sweet soy sauce
- Dip the tofu strips into sauce and lay them out on the baking sheet, they will shrink a little so its fine if they are very close together
- Brush the remaining sauce mixture on after you lay them all out
- Sprinkle the garlic powder lightly over all the pieces of tofu
- Cook for 35 minutes at 375
- Flip the tofu strips… you can add addition sweet n sour brushed on if the under side looks dry
- Cook for additional 20 minutes
- Depending on how crispy you want it take it out earlier or later
We LOVED this new way to eat tofu and I hope you love it too! Please comment below if you try this or if you have a different way to make tofu! I love trying new suggestions!!